Living in Families with Teens (LIFT Program)
LIFT is a program for parents and youth who are experiencing difficulties within the family relationship system. LIFT is a voluntary service that assists and supports parents in their role as caregivers with the goal of promoting parental capacity and maintaining the integrity of family. In addition, LIFT supports youth’s capacity to remain connected to their family/caregiver system.
- Duration: 3 month program providing a range of therapeutic intervention(s) including individual, couple, family counseling, mediation and youth support
- Confidential counseling for parents & youth
- Open community referral for youth 12-16 yrs old (For youth 17-18 yrs old by MCFD referral only)
- Accepts referrals within the Lantzville, Nanaimo and Ladysmith area
- Daytime and evening appointments available (Monday to Friday)
- Qualified staff experienced in counseling youth & families
- An Intake Worker; hours are Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm
- Two Youth & Family Counselors
What to ExpectOur Intake Worker will speak with you initially and review your situation. Once this is complete, you will be assigned to one of our Youth & Family Counselors. If you have to wait for service, our Intake Worker will be available to monitor any changes to your circumstances and consult as needed. Where LIFT is not able to provide service, efforts will be made to connect you with the appropriate community resource.
The Teen Brain
Catch the LIFT Team presentation on brain development in teens: https://youtu.be/P0wcIyLidP8
The Ministry of Children and Family Development provides funding for this program.