Eating Disorders Program
The Eating Disorders Program provides a complementary pairing of prevention and treatment services to lessen the impact of harm associated with persistent and serious eating patterns for referred youth and families in the Nanaimo/Ladysmith area. Our approach is strengths-based and collaborative when working with referred clients, caregivers and service providers. Clinical services provide for full screening and assessment and the implementation of cognitive and behavioral interventions to optimize client functioning in the home, school and community setting.
- Complete screening and assessment of the client
- Person-centered plan designed to achieve individual and program goals
- Weekly/bi-weekly individual and family sessions
- Health education and referral to community resources
- Transition reports for youth and caregivers
- Outreach education for schools, interested groups and other service providers
- Support groups for family and friends of eating disorders clients
- Group therapy for eating disorders clients
- Eating disorders educational literature and resources
Desired Client Outcomes
- Re-establishment of client’s healthy eating patterns
- Improvement of the client’s self-esteem and body image.
- Improvement of the client’s familial relationships
- Decrease in hospital admission for the client
- Decrease in mortality risks for the client
- Decrease in the risk of occurrence through community education.