NARSF Programs Employment Postings
Scroll down to view current employment postings (2)
- Care Home Opportunities (ongoing)
Care Home Opportunities (Nanaimo)
NARSF Programs is seeking families/caregivers with the ability to provide care and support to youth in need of detoxification and stabilization living in the Nanaimo area. We offer training and support while you provide nurturing in a youth-friendly, structured environment. A reliable vehicle, criminal record check, and references are required. If you are interested, willing to work within a harm reduction model, have a home you are willing to share and would like to make a difference, please contact the Transitions Program at (250) 754-2773 for more information. NARSF Programs welcomes applications from all qualified applicants including but not limited by those of any sex, ethnicity, orientation, or disability. Funding for this program is provided through Island Health Youth and Family Substance Use Services.
Child, Youth and Family (Nanaimo)
There is currently one posting in Child, Youth and Family Programs
- Transitions Program Manager
NARSF Programs has an opening for a full time Program Manager in the Transitions Program. The ideal candidate has demonstrated ability to work constructively and cooperatively in a team setting with experience both managing and leading teams as well as knowledge of program operations and previous operational oversight. The ideal candidate will have experience working with various systems involved in the delivery of skills-based group programming, withdrawal management (WM) and residential stabilization (SR) services for youth. On-call coverage, use of a personal vehicle and a satisfactory criminal record check are requirements for the successful applicant. Master’s degree preferred and/or relevant undergraduate degree with related experience working with youth and withdrawal management or substance use treatment and a minimum 5 years leadership experience is required. NARSF Programs welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Funding for this program is provided through Island Health. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Reply in writing with a cover letter and resume by August 28, 2019 to the Director of Services, NARSF Programs, care of email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, however thank you in advance to all who apply.
As Program Manager you will be responsible for the day to day oversight of group programming, staff scheduling, residential programming and facility operations. The Program Manager will direct and lead the Transitions Team to ensure appropriate implementation of group programming, individual treatment/support plans, activities and daily routines. Success in this position will require your ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone or through email. You should be comfortable with your ability to engage with youth and adults possessing both management and clinical skill sets. Candidates will have excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills, demonstrate teamwork, leadership and supervisory skills, and have well developed planning, organizing and administrative skills. Additionally, we would look for your contribution to ongoing improvements of internal processes based on your observations and feedback collected from colleagues, youth, referral agents and care home providers.
You are good natured person who connects easily with staff, contractors, youth, families and referral agents in a “we can or we’ll figure it out together” approach. While you take the work seriously, you lead with respect, dignity and embrace NARSF’s motto learn, laugh and live well! Because of your knowledge and experience working with youth and adults, you understand and appreciate the challenge of engaging complexity in the moment while holding the tension for further dialogue. You are capable of conducting consistently empathetic and non-judgmental communications as you guide people toward achieving the program vision. You enjoy learning and are patient and caring with great attention to detail while seeing the forest through the trees. You do not require close management, but have no problems reaching out for direction when you need it. Your excellent interpersonal skills and amazing work ethic make you an integral part of our team.
- Provide operational oversight of Skills Based Group and WM/SR Programming.
- Supervise day-to-day program operations and provide day to day oversight, support, modeling, and mentoring of staff group.
- Provide administrative oversight for facility, contracted care providers and staff scheduling
- Develop a strong working knowledge of program content; responsive to staff and contractors’ questions and concerns.
- Monitor Intakes, Discharge Planning, Initial Needs Assessments, and Initial Treatment Plans in a professional manner and within time guidelines according to policies
- Ability to remain calm and neutral when presented with multiple demands and stressed individuals.
- Preferred, Master’s in Social Work/Child and Youth Care or, Social Work/CYC degree with equivalent experience and combination of skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role and 3 years’ experience in substance use treatment, social service or similar environment
- Knowledge and experience with brief and comprehensive substance abuse screening, assessment and treatment approaches (Motivational Interviewing, Biopsychosocial Spiritual, Harm Reduction, Recovery Oriented Practice)
- Knowledge and experience in involving families, foster care system, community, alcohol and drug programs, the Island Health and other systems in case planning with youth
- Ability to maintain standards of confidentiality and ethics
- Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork, leadership and supervisory skills
- Well developed planning, organizing and administrative skills
- Positive attitude toward difficulties and a passion for helping others
- Well honed computer and IT skills to navigate today’s tech requirements
Adaptable in the pursuit of a common good and a sense of humor
NARSF offers a competitive salary and benefits package reflective of applicant experience and training
Central Vancouver Island Harm Reduction Services
There are currently no postings in Central Vancouver Island Harm Reduction Services (CVIHRS)